EAST LOTHIAN Tour
Gin, Beach and Castle
Fancy a trip to the SEASIDE and a GIN and TONIC?
A visit to a HAUNTED CASTLE?
Why not join us on a relaxing one day tour to the beautiful seaside village of North Berwick.
You will visit Tantallon Castle and NB Gin Distillery, where you get to sample the worlds best London Dry Gin.
You will then have ample time off the coach,exploring the seaside,having a spot of lunch and shopping in the wonderful array of shops this beautiful town has to offer.
Take a walk along the gorgeous yellow sandy beach and admire the stunning views across the Firth of Forth.
There is also a Seabird Sanctuary next to the beach if you wish to visit(£3 – 1 hour)
So if you want to sample the worlds best London Dry Gin, walk along the beach with an ice cream,enjoy the quaint little shops or eat the best fish and chips, then this is the tour for you.
Perfect from beginning to end.
Pick Up Direct From Your Accommodation
Aberlady and Gullane
1 hour stop
North Berwick – Tantallon Castle
1 hour stop – Taster Tour
North Berwick – Gin Distillery
Approx 3 hours stop
North Berwick town Centre – where you are
free to explore,have lunch and visit the seabird sanctuary
Drop Off Direct To Your Accommodation
Places we visit
This Castle is set on the edge of the cliffs and is probably one of the most dramatic and atmospheric Castles in the UK. It is a ruined mid-14th century fortress and was built by William Douglas – 1st Earl of Douglas. Despite the Castle being in ruins you can still visit some of the rooms and imagine how they lived in days gone by. There are lots of corners to explore including the dark and spooky pit prison. The Castle is believed to be haunted and ghost hunters from all over still flock to the Castle in the hope of seeing the mysterious visitor.
North Berwick Gin Distillery is a family owned Visit Scotland 5 star Eco-Friendly Distillery and visitor centre in the heart of East Lothian. Home to the world’s Best London Dry Gin, 2015 winner,Gold award winning Navy strength Gin and LTD edition Samphire Gin, London Dry citrus Vodka and 3 Rums! The couple named Vivienne and Steve started the business from their kitchen in 2011 and has gone from humble beginnings using Vivienne’s mum pressure cooker to a purpose built ECO-FRIENDLY Distillery. You can browse in their Cellar door shop’ where they have a range of unique gifts or you can purchase a bottle or two of their wonderful spirits.
- A friendly and knowledgeable Driver/Guide
- Tea + coffee with shortbread
- Complimentary nip of whisky
- Lots of fun
- Does not include:
- Gin Distillery Tour (optional) – £18
- Castle Entry (optional) – £6
- Suitable clothing and shoes as weather not guaranteed
- Cash or card (Castle,Distillery)
- Sunglasses in case the sun is shining
- A Friendly and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Tea and coffee with shortbread
- complimentary nip of whisky
- Air conditioned coach with panoramic views
- Lots of fun
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry to the Castle: £6pp – £4.80 concession
- Entry to NB Gin Distillery: £18pp – 1 hour taster tour
- We do not allow hot food on the coach but please feel free to bring a packed lunch with you.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs or children under 18
- If you require lactose free milk or gluten free biscuits, to go with your complimentary tea/coffee please let us know at time of booking and if you require tickets for castle tour.
- You can tell us either by
- Email……. [email protected]